Vision of the organization
Goals of the Association
- Collection, transport and transfer of wastewater produced in Metropolitan Haifa to the Association’s wastewater treatment plant.
- Treatment of wastewater in order to prevent environmental and health impacts.
- Utilization of effluents for reuse by their transfer for irrigation of field crops.
- Upgrade and development of the treatment plant so that it can provide a suitable response for population growth and produce effluents of superior quality as required by law.
Reaching our goals
- After 60 years of operation, it can be firmly stated that the goals that the Association has set for itself have been achieved.
- All wastewater produced in areas served by the Association are taken in by the treatment plant and undergo advanced treatment processes, at the end of which effluents of superior quality are produced.
- By treating wastewater, the Association safeguards public health and protects environmental quality while saving water resources for the State of Israel.
- 100% of all effluents are reused in the national water economy and are transferred for the irrigation of field crops in the Jezreel Valley and other areas.
- Association activities save the national water economy 38,000,000 m³ of potable water each year that would have to be supplied to agriculture if not supplied by treatment plant effluents.
- Sludge produced in the purification processes undergo a supplementary process at an external composting site, after which it is marketed as agricultural fertilizer used in improving the production of field crops.
- All of the gas produced in the digesters at the plant is used in producing electricity enabling the Association to reduce energy consumption by 50%.